Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Its Offical no iLife Shipping ON or Before Jan 15!!!

3K views 48 replies 21 participants last post by  rhythms 
#1 ·
Well for all of us who ordered and kept watch that On or Before 01/15/2004...
That day has come and gone..
I called Apple yesterday about an hour before closing and the girl I spoke to Guaranteed to me it was still on track to ship today.. I said,, you mean to tell me its going to ship between now and 5:30,, and she said "yes, sir, is it most definatley going to ship today"

so,, didnt ship.. today I go to apple.ca to check order status and this is What I See!!
On or before
01/21/2004

What the heck is that!!!
Guess I have to wait...
Im jealous cause everyone is gonna be talking about GarageBand and Im still gonna be waiting..

Oh well, Panther showed up almost 5 days early :)

#4 ·
I ordered mine the day it came out. I checked the status this morning and it said it was "released for shipping" this morning, IN OTTAWA, and should be delivered today by FedEx.

I will keep my fingers crossed.

#6 ·
I ordered it two days after the release and the order is pushed to the 21 as well. Sorry but I find this very unprofessional from the shipping department. They knew a week in advance that I wanted it! Whats the point of ordering online when you dont get it first? Next time I will get it from a retailer...

#9 ·
FWIW, when I orded my Powerbook, my shipping date was Dec. 19th. When I checked on the 19th, the shipping dates and times weren't correct. For about 3 hours they had it changed that my purchase was going to ship Dec. 31st, when in reality it had been shipped.

They are slow updating their page. You best bet is check after business hours tonight or tomorrow morning to get the right information.

#10 ·
Sorry to rain on your parade VGG but when I checked with FedEx, they explained that Released For Shipping-Ottawa means just that. Apple has shipped and the DESTINATION is Ottawa. As you continue to track via FedEx, you will see your package as it routes through the States until it finally lands at Canada Customs. This has happened to me before where I track superfast delivery speed only to have the package sit in Customs in Mount Hope or elsewhere until Customs move their butts. It is unfortunate that Apple always seems to ship on a Friday and Canada seems to shut down for the weekend. That's life in Canada.
Cheers,

#15 ·
I ordered mine on Jan 8 and the shipping date was on or before the 15th as well. Late last night no change......early this morning got a tracking number and expected delivery on the 19th.

#17 ·
We've got lots in stock and we're open reaaaalllll late.

Testing time tonight. :D

Starting at 9 pm to see various machines on Garageband.
Pro audio guy putting it through it's paces.
Same drive on each Mac same RAM ( 512 )

From G3 350 up through G5 with as many stops along the way as we have boxes
Generally G3s to 450, G4 single 500, dual 500 ( should be interesting ) 733 1.25 single
G5 1.6 • G5 dual :cool:

Fun...... :D

#18 ·
Mine shipped, but it's not in FedEx's system, so that means FedEx hasn't picked it up yet...looks like it'll be Tuesday before I get it.

#20 ·
Apple has shipped and the DESTINATION is Ottawa. As you continue to track via FedEx, you will see your package as it routes through the States until it finally lands at Canada Customs.
Yeah, I figured that out shortly after I posted. My tentative delivery date is Jan 19.

You know, this is really sh!tty of Apple. If it is available IN STORES Jan 16, they should have made arrangements so that people who took the time to buy the f@cking thing online the day it was announced get it at the same time as others who simply stroll in off the street.

I will NEVER buy software direct from Apple again. Man...someone needs to shake up their marketing and PR departments soooooo badly. What a huge disappointment. They should be ashamed.

:mad:

#24 ·
On a US based board I belong to, most of those that ordered iLife had it on the 16th. We're getting the "international" version, so maybe that's the delay.

What I like to know is, what's the difference?

#25 ·
Are you really that angry because you have to wait three extra days? If it's any consolation, the local BMac says they won't be getting iLife on the shelf before the 26th. And the ever-so helpful staff there won't take advance orders, nor will they ever confirm the due date for this thing.

Either way, we'll all very soon be making music that sucks ...and sharing it for the bemusement of others.
:D

#26 ·
I just tracked my order...does this make ant sense? it first said a Jan 19 delivery date.

Left FedEx Origin Location/RANCHO CORDOVA CA
01/16/2004 21:13

Arrived at FedEx Ramp/SACRAMENTO CA
01/16/2004 07:34

Left FedEx Ramp/SACRAMENTO CA
01/16/2004 21:23

Pickup status/RANCHO CORDOVA CA
01/16/2004 12:12
 Pre-routed meter pkg picked up

Package status/TORONTO CA
01/15/2004 23:55
 Released for Delivery

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.