Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wanted to confirm something before i bother installing iSync. It Only syncs with Address Book.app right? I use Entrourage right now, and my only "Digital Lifestyle Device"" is my HandSpring Visor, and if it can;t use iSync to sync with anything but Entourage I am going to remain, well, uninterested. I can achieve the same results of iSyncing address book info to my dot-mac account buy using Backup.app.

--PB

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Posterboy,

iSync works with Addressbook and iCal. For th e Visor you need to dlownload the latest Palm 4.0 desktop (has Sync Manager 3 in it). I don't know about Entourage syncing as I don't use it. It works with Now-up-to-date via the Palm conduits.

It's worth checking out BUT make sure you back up your stuff first in case it double writes your appointments, etc. There's also a good discussion on MacInTouch about iSync and Palms/Visors.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have palm desktop. Entourage syncs with it via the conduit that MS finally released only a month or two back. It has some issues where it blows your database up by nearly double in some cases, but there has been an update to correct this.

I just wanted to confirm that iSync would only sync to address book.app

--PB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts