Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an issue requiring a hard restart with my MacBook this morning. I came home and "woke up" my MacBook and had the regular log in screen come up (I have it set to require logging in when the screen saver comes on after sitting idle). I closed the MacBook to take it out to my shop. Plugged in the ac and opened the MacBook, but had the screen black. I tapped the space bar several times which always brings up the display and required log in. Not this time. I heard the fans going a bit. I ended up holding down the power button for shut down. Restarted and is now fine. Not sure what to make of it. Is this unusual behavior? I did have a bluetooth mouse connected when closing the Book. I brought the mouse with me to the shop. I never did shut the mouse off, but that shouldn't be a problem.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
If it doesn't happen again, or hasn't happened in the past, don't worry about it. Computers will occasionally go 'wonky.' (not considered unusual.)

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
I've read about this issue and am not aware of any solution. Sorry... but you're not alone. Apparently running a screen-saver with a password protect is the culprit. Without the protected screen-saver, you'll likely experience proper behaviour.

·
Premium Member
17,845 Posts
I've read about this issue and am not aware of any solution. Sorry... but you're not alone. Apparently running a screen-saver with a password protect is the culprit. Without the protected screen-saver, you'll likely experience proper behaviour.
Try to get into the habit of logging out before closing the computer. Then you won't need the password protect at all. Sis this for 4 years and had zero issues getting laptops to wake-up (except dead batteries)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.