·
Tritium Glow
7,141 Posts
#1 No, it is not a joke.

#2 Yes, Toronto is run by monkeys. Genus: Idiotae, Species: Moroncouncillae

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Holy crap! Where's the sense of neighbourhood that people can't get the manpower or the tools to remove a tree branch... even such a big limb. (Yes I looked the pictures). This is kind of funny.

Obviously you don't ticket people after a tree (or portion of) feel on their car.

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree the person who was sleeping in there car has no excuse.

Laterz :)

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Holy crap! Where's the sense of neighbourhood that people can't get the manpower or the tools to remove a tree branch... even such a big limb. (Yes I looked the pictures). This is kind of funny.

Obviously you don't ticket people after a tree (or portion of) feel on their car.
If it was the car a few blocks from where I live then there was a danger of overhead wires that had come down around it, I suspect the Hydro crews cleared up the wires in the night and bam.....that lighting fast Traffic cop was right in there........tool.

·
Registered
696 Posts
City of Toronto Parking Tag Operations has (had? - I haven't used it in while) a fax number where you can fax a copy of your ticket with a reason for your dispute and they will cancel it. It's 416-397-9577; unfortunately, I don't have the contact name.

I used it a few times when I lived downtown and had a permit for on-street parking. One time the Green Hornet was too lazy to wipe the snow off the corner of my windshield to check if I had a permit and just issued a ticket.

Another was during the Big Blizzard of '99 when Mel called the army in, and we were asked to park in school parking lots so that the streets could be cleared. I actually called the mayor's office for that one and they took care of it. They told me there many more like me who had been calling in for days.

So this is nothing new, it's just getting a little more publicity.

·
Premium Member
6,427 Posts
The monkeys are quite insulted at the comparison!

Now if you had said roaches, well, entirely more acceptable (except for those roaches that would be insulted by the comparison)...

Besides, the government of Toronto are angels when compared to the scum that mismanage The Hammer...​

1 - 16 of 16 Posts