Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I use Firefox all the time as my browser and I went on this site for a digital camera I bought and wrote a great review. The problem was I minimized the screen and walked away for awhile and you guessed it I came back and it was all gone. Now I remember the jist of what I wrote but don't feel like trying to recreate it from scratch. Also I don't have the view history for the past few days enabled on Firefox which I regret. So I was wondering if there is an app that allows you to view sites you have been on during the day. There seems to be an app for everything so thought I would ask.

Since this I have enabled the view history for the past nine enabled now on Firefox.

Thanks,

S.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I keep seeing somthing on my Google Accounts about tracking web use... look into that?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like Safari's history better because of the way it's sorting, it's very easy to go back to a page from a few days ago.

However, I don't know any app that will trace your web browsing history, maybe because it's supposed to be built-in the browser? XX)

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
No browser will remember text in the clipboard.
This is something I learned early on with webmail. Sometimes I would type out an email but, if I spent too much time over it, when I hit the send button I might get a time-out alert and that would be it. I'd lose my work. Paging back or using the history was not effective in retrieving the text I had laboured over. So I got into the habit of doing a "Select All" and copying text to the clipboard before hitting the send, post or submit button. For lengthier essays I compose in Text Edit and copy&paste my work into the text box.

select all and copy,
P.

·
Registered
781 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Demosthenes X,

Thanks I've downloaded it but don't think it will work to find what I lost yesterday. I've also got Browseback installed too. At least now I have safety nets in place for next time and will use Text Edit in the future.

S.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts