Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how good it actually is or if there's a better solution.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
The itrip is a very cool unit & I'm very glad I bought one. Having said that, I must point out that IMHO it is not the best solution for in car use. Stations constantly drift, sound quality is marginal at best, and changing stations is too complicated to acomplish while driving.

A better solution is to use a cassette adapter.

itrip is great on the patio for playing through a boom box, or stationary stereo, but in motion it is very frustrating.

·
Registered
728 Posts
i concur with andrew on the itirp, very nice gimmick but thats about it. since i got the isee case the itrip has been gathering dust. i especially dislike to low volume on my car stereo from itrip play back, if i pump the ipod up sounds gets disconnected and goes in and out.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Posted an earlier thread on this but here goes: I bought one in Pittsburgh, PA., last weekend for the trip back to Toronto and enjoyed it thoroughly. Had to switch bands once as we approached Hamilton when an FM station began to encroach. Once I figured out that the best way to use the device was to turn the volume all the way up on the iPod and reduce it on the radio's volume dial, I thought the sound quality was fine. I've never tried the cassette, so I can't comment on that, but the convenience of the wireless iTrip is hard to beat.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got an email from everythingipod saying the Transpod will be available later this month.

My options are limited in my truck, so I'm looking at the Belkin Tunecast, iTrip or the Transpod.

Short of replacing my radio I'm leaning more towards the iTrip but reviews are very mixed.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
andrew and rollee have obviously never driven up to owen sound. The itrip is great. We retract the antenna and preset a dead air station number on the sterio and off we go.
Areas with high radio station concentration are different of course, but get out of the gta and you should have no problems. Well worth buying.
Robert

Works gret at get togethers if you make a playlist in advance. Then just set it near the sterio and press play. All night music.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered the Transpod from everythingipod. Now it's just a race to see what comes in first.

I'll update.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE

Transpod came in Thursday. Sent back Friday. Sounded like crap.

Picked up iTrip today, much better.

Bottom line...

iTrip is worth waiting for.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
ttb using it in to. would be a problem. hard to find clean dead air. I resorted to pushing the arial right down so it couldn't pick up much. now it works great.
Robert

1 - 10 of 10 Posts