Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been testing out both Safari and IE side by side this week, and lately I have been noticing that if the website is not www.apple.com then all the text is too small to read in Safari. Did Apple do this on purpose? Are we to go blind using Safari? Why do I have to constantly increase font size at almost every single website out there. Now there are a handfull of websites where the text is big and easy on the eyes, but man not too many. Also why is it when you visit a website and increase the font size by one click on the keyboard the text jumps out at you as if you hit the keyboard 50 times? Is it the way the website is made? I find using Safari in this matter a pain in the butt and very frustrating. At least IE isn't so inconsistent with how it displays websites. Is there a way to fix this in Safari? Or does Apple have to go back to the drawing board?

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I haven't noticed this at all. Safari text looks the same size of IE to me. Check your menu: Safari-->Prefs-->Appearance. Mines set to Lucida Grande 14 but you can make the default bigger if you like. Hope that helps.

You can always click that little feedback "bug" button and provide feedback to Apple while they are soliciting feedback. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts