Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ya know, we were all fighting and bickering over the use of Panther on one or more macs...and I just finished reading the lawsuit thing that apple is up against...what a joke! these people have nothing better to do than hope thier 233 G3 can run OSX panther! someone on here said technology changes...it does...software and hardware...but gimme a break...I can't RUN WIN CRAP XP on my pentuim 75 with 4 megs ram, 512k video card, 20 meg HD...I AM SUING microcrap...JEEZ grow up ya Morons!...they should understand these things...or stop using computers! go back to the typewriter or the commodore 64
all I can say is Apple does not need this...Mark

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yea, I remember seeing that a little while ago too... what BS! Are they suing because of dropped support or because of low performance on the low-end supported G3s? Anyways, they should be whining about it.... if you are trying to run Jaguar or Panther on a 266mhz G3, go buy a new system... yeesh!

-neema

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
hey! watch what you say about the commodore 64! that was a good machine! (i still run it in emulation mode on my G4)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey Neema, Don't knock those old school G3's! I have Jaguar running on a G3 300 and it runs just fine for me.
I can't wait to put Panther on!

·
Registered
656 Posts
i'm running jaguar on a 250MHz G3 wallstreet.. don't disrespect!

i dunno if i should put panther in it, even though it says that it's not supported, though...

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Guys...WE ARW NOT KNOCKING older macs here! we are just stating that the people that own these older machines that are suing apple because they supposedly don't run the OS like a new G4/5 are retards...and they should drop off the face of the planet...if you said yeah my wallstreet sucks...apple sucks...I am going to sue because this new OS is horribly slow on my mac...I would say EAT S*@! because thats life...things progress...deal with it...get a new mac if you are not happy with the performace of your old one...don't expect apple or any other Company to bend over and take it up the ars for the little population of old unhappy mac users...thats the way it is...I update every two years and I don't even buy brand new...but in order to keep performance levels for me happy this is why I upgrade...I don't blame apple for my slow mac running a NEW OS...I am not freakin retarded like those others are that are suing over it...there thats my thoughts... :D I love old macs...and have quite a collection...but don't expect OS9 to run on my color classic...or even OS8..too bad for me I guess...guess I will go sue now...seems like the thing to do these days anyhoo
cheers, Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts