Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Found this neat and cool internet browser for Windows. What I love is the side bar with all the cool functions in it. Almost like Tabs but with more flare. Watch the Flash Player demo and tell us what you think. Should some of the features be added in an Apple browser? Or is this sort of style only beneficial to the Windows user?

Link: http://www.irider.com/demo/index.htm

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Wow... it's frickin' brilliant in some ways... Are we *SURE* this is a 'Windows' app? I mean... "iRider" has a definite 'Apple iApp' feel. It's simple, elegant, and streamlined. Alot of thought went into the software interface and features... It's... it's... INNOVATIVE!

{slaps hand over own mouth in shock}

Did 'innovative' and 'Windows Application' just get used in the same sentence? Without being said in a derogatory tone?

Isn't that one of the seven signs of the coming apocalypse?

:D

:cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I could not agree more!
Srongblade's review is right on the money. As usual for many apps these days, instead of porting FROM MAC they are forced (presumably by econonomics and distribution) to build it in another OS. For any who are forced to work in WIn2k or XP but live real lives in Macintosh,
"iRider is a godsend." When ever it is opened I am always asked of passers-by, "did that came from your Apple?" I rider's home page says they are "working" on an Apple Macintosh version. I hope that includes Classic (or 7.6.1 up) as well as OS/X. It saves hours while working on the slower machines. Oh by the way, the comm interface for iRider is exceptional too. To wit: if you have to usea a proxy server when you open iRider and you have more then one URL in the list, it ACTUALLY remembers it or uses the active socket so you do not have to keep entering your passwords. For an intel based system it is really COOL. We all need to play matchmaker and lobby both iRider and Apple to get together ASAP. For a MS machine this is one Great browser, great use of "TABs-like" features in Netscape 7.x, eons ahead of IE 6.x and light years ahead of AOL. Ifyou need acces to many different sources on the internet durring your work day, this amplifies bookmarks and makes favorites run for cover. Nice Work!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts