Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
A Mac guy working at a FutureShop. How does that work? ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well there was rumours that Apple was going to train salespeople to work in Future Shop locations. They did that at CompUSA locations in the States and are doing pilot program at select Best Buy locations in the US right now.

Remember, Best Buy now owns Future Shop. Hopefully this means that Future Shop will have Apple employees on staff to sell Apple product, instead of people who do not appreciate what a Mac can do.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think that having Apple employees working at Future Shop can oly be positive. If Future Shop was just going to carry Macs that's one thing, but if it will be Apple reps selling Macs in Future Shop that's a different story.

Personally I would rather buy from a reseller, but if I was a guy who bought his last 3 PC's from Future Shop and I wanted to buy a Mac I'd probably buy from a place I knew already (and maybe even have a credit card for).

I'll say again, if it's Apple employees who are trained by Apple who are selling in Future Shop I can only see that as a positive. Even if just to inform people who have Apple machines in the back of their mind.

Much better than "Oh, you don't want a Mac".

·
Registered
160 Posts
Besides, indie Mac dealers don't always give the best service anyway. I remember in 1999 after I spent almost $4500 on a G4 system I went back to that dealer a few weeks later and asked to look at a DVD-RAM drive. The salesperson (who wasn't the same guy who sold me my G4) replied, and I quote "oh, you won't be buying THAT. It's $1200".

He was right, and I never bought from that dealer again.

Mind you I haven't had problems that bad since.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I love that, a drug superstore that sells Macs.

Because let's face it, that's exacly what Macs are. A drug, and I need a G5 fix!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.