Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the cushions on the ends of the stock iPod headphones...what are some of the ways you folks have come up with to keep them from falling off? i'm thinking of glueing mine, but i'd prefer a less permanent solution.

check this out: i came into work this morning wearing the headphones. once i got to my desk, i removed them. about 10 minutes later, i noticed one of the cushions had fallen off (again). i go through my pockets, retrace my steps, ask around, all to no avail.

so i'm scratching my head...where did that cushion go? you know where i found it? that little cushion was still in my ear! no word of a lie. i'd walked around for at least ten minutes with this little cushion in my ear.

...this is getting comical.

so what are your ideas? how do you keep these things from falling off?

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Personally, after having that happen 3 or 4 times, and actually losing one, I just took them off, and don't use them anymore. Though if you wear your iPod earbuds for an extended period of time, the foam does help, but I don't wear mine for extended periods of time.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as an aside...i'll give bonus award points to anyone on this board who can tell me where the reference "little furry things" in my thread title comes from. hint: a band in the 80s had an underground hit with a song by the same title.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Librarian
The answer to your query is..........
Dinosaur Jr.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
I use a cheap pair of sony's and super glued each foam cushion at 3 points per earbud. I like to use them because the foamies make a tighter fit, which helps with bass.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts