Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey iPod gurus:
Through a weird bidding foible I've ended up with TWO winning bids on iPods on EBAY (I'm not sure if I'll try to buy my way out of one of them, or to sell the extra).

Here's my question:
Do the new gen iPods have lesser battery life than the previous ones?
Any pros/ cons between newer and older versions of iPods??
I've never used one before, so your feedback is welcome.
Also: any suggestions for good quality headphones?
THANKS.

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
The Gen 3 iPods do have a smaller battery that lasts for 8 hours rather than 11-12. The Gen 3's are also smaller in overall dimensions to the Gen 1 and 2 iPods. You can buy a clip-on battery back from Belkin if you want more than 20 hours of power...

I use Sony NDR NC11 noise cancelling ear buds because I tend to use the iPod on planes or places with ambient noise.

As for preference, I like the Gen 3 better than the previous ipods (my wife has a Gen 1) but they're all excellent products.

·
Registered
454 Posts
The 3rd gen iPod does have shorter battery life but overall it is a better buy since it supports much more features via the dock connector from memory card readers to voice recorders. They are also smaller in size, look sleeker, and finally they are newer thus there is a smaller chance of the battery going soon after you buy. Overall, the battery is the iPods achilles heel, so be careful when purchasing a used iPod.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts