Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
815 Posts
I want to clarify things here. My wired/wireless network works just fine. All network devices can talk to each other and have access to the internet. My problem is I just got the ipod touch and it does detects my network just fine but the ipod is asking me to enter a password. My network system does not require a password unless it's talking about the WPA shared key. In any case, entering the WPA shared key at the "Enter Password" request does not work.

I'm surprised there are no other Linksys users here.
Are you inputting the passphrase or the key? Do you know what I mean?

· Registered
815 Posts
Got it!

Found a site that did passphrase to hex key conversions. Entered that bloody long key and voila!

So, now I know that the requested password and the WPA shared key are one and the same.

Thanks everyone for your help.
Exactly! I was going to recommend you a site that did that, but I had to leave the house before you responded. Good work on figuring it out!

I struggled with similar problems when I was first introduced to wireless internet a few years back.

· Registered
815 Posts
Hey guys sorry if I'm hijacking this thread but I was considering getting an iPod touch and unfortunately know next to zero about Wi-Fi. Is a wireless router an absolute necessary to get the iPod online at home? I've got an intel mac mini with a direct modem connection. Thanks for any info guys
You would need a wireless router at home in order to access a wireless network - that is unless a neighbour has a wireless network that you can connect to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.