Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.

I am hoping someone has a solution for me. I am on Teksavvy DSL. They are a great service that I use on a static IP. I run my own mail server, and some web schtuff. When I run around the City on my iPod Touch, I am usually on WiFi whose back end is either Rogers or Bell. Both block ports for outgoing mail. I want to get into my mail server, but am not sure what the best way to deal with this port blockage.

I have an Airport Extreme and Leopard Server.

Any takers? I'm sure there's someone in here that knows how to set all this up so I can use my server. I've tried lifting this port externally to something > 2000, but that hasn't worked.

There has to be a better way.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Liam. Tried that. They block up to 1000 or something like that. I've tried over 3000 as well, and not really sure how the setup should work on the router and server sides as well.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have Bell Internet and frequently "roam" on Rogers networks with my Gmail account... On my iPad and iPhone it's using SMTP server port 587, in Mail.app it's running on port 465. Now, Gmail is using SSL on those ports, don't know if that's the deal breaker or if it's something you could implement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts