Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 4th gen IPod Touch that I want to use to record to from a lapel mic. It is recording well but I'd like to be able to adjust record levels and wondered if there is an app out there that'll do this. The built-in voice recorder is good except I can't see any levels adjustment ability.

Anyone remember this piece of tech? The ipod touch.... :) it's great that it'll record for me. That will help a lot.

thanks.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the suggestion at the pdf. I'm planning to put this in my pocket with the lapel mic attached up at my neck. I'm doing video work and want better audio than the onboard camera mic. I also want the ability to use my camera at a distance and still have good audio. I don't have wireless mics and am using this as a creative solution. I'll marry up the audio in post. I was pleased when the mic would talk to the ipod. It won't talk to my Samsung s4 but I knew that going in. I'm just surprised how good the pick up is and would rather control it down vs lowering the mic on my shirt.

cheers!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, the first one doesn't but the second may help. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,749 Posts
Hi, I have a 4th gen IPod Touch that I want to use to record to from a lapel mic. It is recording well but I'd like to be able to adjust record levels and wondered if there is an app out there that'll do this. The built-in voice recorder is good except I can't see any levels adjustment ability.

Anyone remember this piece of tech? The ipod touch.... :) it's great that it'll record for me. That will help a lot.

thanks.
I've used garageband in a pinch on the Mac to apply dynamics compression and normalization. Maybe the iOS version could do the same? Bonus is it's free.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've used garageband in a pinch on the Mac to apply dynamics compression and normalization. Maybe the iOS version could do the same? Bonus is it's free.
I hadn't thought of that...didn't know there was an ios version of garage band. I'll check.

thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts