Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't mean lunatics in a negaitive way; the October 2003 issue of Stereophile (vol 26 no 10) has a reveiw of the Apple iPod. Generally, it's readers jokingly refer to themselves as "lunatic-fringe audiophiles".

If you pick a copy, you will learn two things: more about the iPod than most any reviewer bothered to dig up, probably more than most people want to know, even. Normal for these guys.

The second thing you will learn is that there are things out there that most people don't even dream of; this issue is also the annual "Recommended Components" list; generally the best selling edition of the magazine, and often the only one that many hifi nuts buy.

I am pretty much speechless to find Stereophile touching an iPod at all; it's definitely not even close to the magazine's or it's readers' idea of good sound. The short answer is it's a very positive review, one that fully embraces the compromises mp3 or AAC demands and take the iPod for what it is.

Pick up a copy if you've got a few bucks to spare. If not, I have a funny feeling you will hear more about it anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Stereophile's the bible!

Good one. Will buy my copy as soon as it gets imported from this side of the Pond...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts