Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can files you transfer to your iPod be copied to another computer(Windows or Mac)?
I thought I read that this is not possible.

Also is anyone using Xplay to run an iPod on a Windows machine? If so what do you think of it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Of course. The iPod can be used as an external firewire hard drive so it is possible. (The Windows machine would need firewire.)

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Yes, you can transfer the files to another Mac. All you have to do is plug in the iPod via FireWire and double click on the iPod icon.

However, you cannot transfer the music files (part of Apple's "Don't Steal Music" campaign). With that said, there are software applications out there that will allow you to transfer your music library to another computers...but STEALING is frowned upon.

:rolleyes: ;)

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>However, you cannot transfer the music files (part of Apple's "Don't Steal Music" campaign). With that said, there are software applications out there that will allow you to transfer your music library to another computers...but STEALING is frowned upon.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello,

Yes, you can. If you find a program called iPod2iTunes, then it will allow you to copy from the iPod into your Mac. Not too sure about Windows, but I'm sure there's a similar program available for that platform.

Another piece of software you should get for you iPod is called Pod2Go and it can put iPod, Mac, daily (quote, joke, history), and weather inforomation onto your iPod each and everyday. My wife likes it very much.

James

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
You just repeated what I said, silly.
Apple made iPods so that they can only snych with one iTunes library at a time...but you can transfer the iPod library to Macs other than your own with the use of 3rd party software (which you have also mentioned).

For lots of cool iPod-related stuff, go to: iPodlounge.com.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Hello,

I was repeating to stress the point...yeah, that's the ticket.

*I think I covered that up well*

James

PS: It was early in the morning. Well, reasonably early. Well, no it wasn't early, I just wasn't paying a lot of attention. I am truly sorry for repeating. I'm usually very sorry for repeating in the bath tub.

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you have an iTunes Library on one computer and you want it on another computer, then you can technically have the iPod sync with 2 libraries... all you have to do is make a copy of the one library, and transfer it to the other mac.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts