Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read another exalting piece for our dear iPod. Still haven't put my hands on one... :(

·
Registered
158 Posts
I bought a 30-gig model a couple of weeks ago and now I rarely leave home without it. It's like having a sound track for your life. I've been taking a bit of razzing at work along the lines of the "cult" references in the Post story, but the little gizmo is simply a joy. And the sound of the new file format is simply not to be believed. Pricey? No question. Quality and design? Nothing else even comes close.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Yeah, my 15GB iPod pretty much shadows my every move.

And, as the article clearly portrayed, there's a cornucopia of iPod peripherals out there. There's such huge demand for us to review them as well.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Something that I knew, but just hit me. Anyone out there with iPods store/back up files? I do have some essentioals that I need to back up and I'm going to get an ext HD for it. But I could also use the iPod. Anyone care to share their experience??

H!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Oddly enough, I have yet to use the iPod 3G for data storage. I already have 40GB on my PowerBook G4, and a 14GB SmartDrive and 40GB MicroGB+, and a 160GB Firewire beast, as well as numerous USB Keychain drives with capacities ranging from 32MB to 768MB. I just haven't had a need, personally, to carry around gigs of data on the iPod, especially since it no longer uses an industry standard firewire port... I'm not one that likes to carry around cables...

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Works well for back-up but I use it mainly for keeping certain files handy. There are a few tricks though. If you plug an iPod into a different computer, you are asked whether you want to make that computer (iTunes) the default. If you do, you will end up deleting the iPods library. Re-synching to the original computer will restore the music files. So, if you want to use the iPod to transfer files, be sure not to change the default (its a form of copy protection, I presume).

Gateway has just released an mp3 player. 128 Mb for US 129.99. Duh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts