Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The joy of being married to a US citizen. My (her) new iPod Mini has already arrived at her parent's house in AK, and they have posted here to Canada today.

She will be stylin' with her pink iPod mini in just a few days.

Cool!

Anyone else think the price will come down when they are released world wide?

[ February 27, 2004, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: thewitt ]

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Sure in two months (say April 20th) it will drop $25USD and then another $25USD in October when the new set of colours are anounced and they ramp up for xmas.

$199 USD by Christmas.

$249USD
Conversion : 326.31 CAD [exchange rate: 1.3105]
Friday, Feb 20, 2004 7:55PM

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The price from my visa on Feb 18th:
$337.53

The price of making a happy house...

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
HELP!!!!

How much are they going to be in Canada!?!? I'm @ the Las Vegas store right now and they just went on sale! Lineup and all...

might get one for the lady friend... Might just pull the trigger. The rate seems to be nice... but is it worth $330?? a 15G goes for $399?!?! :confused:

Will wait for a reply...

[edit: minutes l8r]

well fellow ehmacians.... I did it. I just bought one. A pink one for the lady friend [actually, pink is the the color of my birth stone, so it could habv ebeen for me! ;) ] But i'm a little bummed that it donesn't come with the dock or the arm band that the store clerks were wearing... all good though. She'll love me!

talk to you cats soon... :D

PS - Mayor, as usual, I leave the ehMac page up in every Apple store I visit upon my departure. ;)

H!

[ February 20, 2004, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: Ohenri ]

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
How much will they be in Canada? I'd guesstimate that they'll be either 329$ or 339$, maybe if we are very lucky 319$.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Ohenri, lets see some pictures of the Pink Pod....

(And maybe a couple of the lady friend too!)

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Why would Apple reduce the price if they are selling so well? I think these things will sell even better when people actually see how cool they are in person. Maybe in time for the Christmas season they'll dro to closer to $200 but there are not quarantees. Congrats thewitt and Ohenri. You'll have the coolest gadget in Canada!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did I mention this was a Valentine's present? So I had it engraved as well. Free! Thanks Apple.

Here is the geeky part (and I can't believe Apple didn't think of this on Val. day) It says "iLove you". Get it... iPod, iLove... ;)

And I will post pics when it comes in... Thanks for asking.

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Whoever said romance was dead?
But maybe Apple could branch out into a new market with iSex toys? How about an iVibe and an iTickler? Brings a whole new meaning to the term "plug and play"!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was just thinking that we were getting 'Off Topic'. But if we are talking about a FW device, then it would have to be licensed by Apple and we are back on board.

Firewire... I don't know if you would want to use anything called 'fire' for that purpose.

But I would like to see Apple's GUI and well thought out plug-ins.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, it finally showed up! Canada post hung on to it for a couple of days, then made me go get it myself. I love how they leave the 'you weren't home' notices in my mailbox when I was here.

You can check it out (photos) here!

·
Registered
281 Posts
thanks so much for the picture! u just got me.. i think i'm getting the pink one now!!
i was looking for "real" pictures of actual units for like the longest time!
does anyone have a green mini?

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Man, thewitt, that's one great Valentine's gift. You must be a great Mac couple...

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
here we go... finally back from LV. Got a a few pix from just a few mins ago. Try these...

She's about to get loaded up sometime this aft. Still have to unpack... Speaking of, when I was @ the LV airport, I could not find - for the life of me - and gift shop who could wrap or supply me with the tools to wrap the gift up. Guess what I did with my Burger King take-out bag?? that's right. Pls witness:

I was kinda proud of it. And the hostesses were equally as impressed.
The lady friend is actually trying to keep the wrap intact (i'm opposed.), but oh well....

H!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Twins. Cool!

Thanks for all the Las Vegas advice as well. Can't wait to check out the Apple store there soon.

:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts