Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
according to apple, users should be able to get ~10 hours from a fully charged ipod, like without too much track switching and by using the earphones...

i use mine (2nd generation 20Gb) with itrip and a fully chraged ipod with lots of tracks jumping around usually lasts me 4 hours or so, what about yours?

[ February 21, 2004, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: rollee ]

·
Registered
728 Posts
i notice the battery lasted around 3 hours with my itrip/ipod yesterday, but i don't think it is fully charged cause i had it plugged into the firewire bus for only a couple of hours, moving it back and forth in winter, i would expect the battery to last shorter, perhaps?
s, 4 hours is about right, thanks!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Just had some friends over this evening, passing around the iPod broadcasting to the stereo with the iTrip, and made the observation that battery life is close to half compared to regular headphone use. Perhaps a bit better than half, say 4.5 hrs. Similar level of flipping around. Pretty consistent, too. 4/4 that the iPod died early in the evening doing this. Comparatively, I take the bus fairly often for a 6+ hr journey and always have at least 1 bar of battery left after listening though my headphones for the whole trip. Not complaining, though. Seems pretty good.

iPod 10 gig, 2nd gen.

·
Registered
292 Posts
yea battery consumption has definatly dropped a little bit since buying/using an iTrip, but i just bought a cigarette lighter adapter off ebay for my iPod, so all should be good for the road trips!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.