Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
the problem with this is, once the theif realizes they've stolen a zune; they'd likely throw it in the iRiver or perhaps the garbage. At least if they kept it, there would be a small chance it would be recovered. :D

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
not what I had in mind...let's say a theif is caught; yes this does happen oddly enough and they have a whole pile of stolen goodies...your iPod may be there. If it's in the iRiver or at the dump, small chance it will get found... but thanks again for taking a negative approach to responding...

·
Registered
135 Posts
not what I had in mind...let's say a theif is caught; yes this does happen oddly enough and they have a whole pile of stolen goodies...your iPod may be there. If it's in the iRiver or at the dump, small chance it will get found... but thanks again for taking a negative approach to responding...
lol (you have a point there)

But seriously folks, I think the point is..that nobody in their right mind would even attempt to steal a zune. That is why your precious iphone or ipod are safe. :)

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
I have a dead 3rd gen iPod I think of carrying around in a jacket pocket as a decoy if I were ever to have the misfortune of being "rolled"
When approached at knife-point and asked to kindly hand over my iPod I'd give them the non-working one :)
I don't think they would hang around to see what tunes are on it LOL
Good idea or no?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a dead 3rd gen iPod I think of carrying around in a jacket pocket as a decoy if I were ever to have the misfortune of being "rolled
Good idea or no?
For me, it would be a lot of extra baggage for a scenario that is unlikely to occur, but if you don't mind carrying it then I guess it could only help. Unless they get mad that it's pre-click wheel and shoot you anyway. Of course, if you get shot randomly, then it might stop a bullet. I'd say it's gamble no matter what you choose.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Another idea would be to buy a cheap Chinese knockoff 1st gen Shuffle on e-bay and hand that in.
I 'd love to see the look on the guy's that take it.
In any case to make things harder both my iPhone and my Nano are code locked.

Guy:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts