Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

iPod frozen to black screen with silver apple and won't move!

4K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Adrian. 
Physical damage is a possibility, however you should have just let the computer sync throughout the night. Removing an iPod during an active sync is no where near safe. Have you tried resetting the iPod? Menu + Select for several seconds will reset the iPod. Let me know if this was any help to you and merry xmas:)

The computer won't recognize the iPod at all, not even disc utility. I can reset it but it will only get back to the silver apple with a black background.

thanks
Yeah, I think she might be a crispy critter in the software. Its possible that when you pulled the plug on the sync, it royally spazed inside of the iPod either with the hardware or the software. This more seems like a mix of both problems. Seeing as software can be reset and your iPod keeps reverting back to the same problem, there might be some physical damage to the hardware and the iPod software is freaking out. Sorry, to say, I think you may have to bite the bullet on this one dude:(.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.