Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a thread on photo.net about using an IPod as a storage device for a digital SLR. Is this possible without a laptop or desktop? I don't own either but I am curious.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Absolutely! The iPod is pretty much a standard Firewire hard drive with a graphical front end. You can use it as a storage medium just like any firewire hard drive - I've been trying to convince my boss that I need one for repairing unhappy department Macs, sadly he knows I can get a triple size FW drive for half the price!

I only wish Apple made the iPod sub $200 Cdn. They'd fly off the shelves...err...faster...

...and I'd have one...

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Now if Apple made the iPod Target-Disk mode aware!!!! That would give all us systems admins the excuse we needed! :D

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but, the question is can i go directly from a dslr to an IPod (ie. plug one end into the camera and the other into the IPod)?

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
In a word, no, unfortuneatly.

Your Best bet for a device that can do that is either a Digital Wallet (USB) or a MindStor (FireWire or USB). [email protected], the company that made both the products, is out of business but their products have a pretty good following so If you can pick one up used youwill be able to get your hands on the altest firmware, manuals and etc.

--PB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts