Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Very cool ad. The fades to white and comparisons of the detail features of the white bug and white iPod give the impression of similar design attributes/values. The integration with the stereo system also looks to be well done. The odd thing is that there is no Apple logo - anywhere.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
:eek:

My 2 fave things on this earth. I used to own a VW - have always been a fan despite the price gouging on parts. Owned a GTI - such a wonderful car. Anyhow, this was long overdue - a very fitting campaign.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
jwoodget, I noticed the same lack of Apple logo placement. Still, my wife already owns a VW Beetle, and I am getting a new Mac when they start shipping...........we shall see. Of course, if there was an offer of a new VW with every iPod sold, Apple's profit margin would slip slightly, and there would be thousands of VW's bugs on the road. :D

·
Registered
503 Posts
Years ago I saw a great documentary called Heil Herby that, for the first time, introduced me to the history of the VW. I can never look at it the same way again.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
It's too bad they weren't offering the iPod with other VW's. The Beetle is such an impractical car, it's nothing like the original.

The Jetta or Golf is a much better designed car, IMO. The Beetle basically comes across as a car created around a dashboard (it's HUGE!)...

·
Registered
569 Posts
well I had a "55 with the split rear window and a "56 .. the first with flashing turn indicators and dual tail pipes and then a "60 . Then got married and kids and play pens (wooden not mesh) do not fit in a Bug. Oh the good old days The 1956 was only $1900.00 dollars brand spanking new. In those days the VW dealership was an exclusive territory. You could only buy from your local dealer.

·
Premium Member
17,991 Posts
:cool:

Check out Volkswagen Canada and hit the link in the lower-left for the iPod deal.

The multi-page Flash presentation is great, the entire site makes good use of shockwave. I really like the "colour wheel" under the model section :D

M

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
The Beetle basically comes across as a car created around a dashboard (it's HUGE!)...

When I went to the dealership to buy my Golf, one of my friends said after looking in a New Beetle:

"I guess you'd have sex on the dash, since there certainly isn't room in the back seat."

:D

·
Registered
227 Posts
they have stopped production of the air-cooled beetle...so sad. i still have my beetle though and nobody will ever have it. i love the idea of vw and apple together, my two favourite companys. probably the best marketing campaign in recent history.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I wish they would give you a free Beetle if you bought a new ipod. Now THAT would be a promotion!
:D

I rented a new Beetle for two weeks once...it was AWESOME!!! Although, it does have an impossible blind-spot to deal with. And that huge dash collects so much crap!!! Dust, papers, maps...pizza boxes.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I think this is great, Apple and VW partnering up. I have wondered sometimes how many people on ehMac who love their Macs also have a liking for the VW. They just seem to evoke similar feelings in the consumer. You know, more than just things or hardware or that thing on four wheels that you drive to get from A to B. I just bought my second
Golf, a '97. I am liking it as much as my first, an '89, that I bought only in 2000.
An aside, wish I had an iPod...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts