Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Whenever I try to rotate a photo in iPhoto when the photo is magnified (full screen within iPhoto) it crashes :yawn:. Any ideas on a fix?

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
more info needed... what crashes, iphoto? what machine are you on, what os, what version of iphoto, how much ram? do you have other processes running when this happens? do you get the beach ball? has this just started happening?

you could always try doing a safe boot & repairing permissions, or running maintenance/onyx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
more info needed... what crashes, iphoto? what machine are you on, what os, what version of iphoto, how much ram? do you have other processes running when this happens? do you get the beach ball? has this just started happening?

you could always try doing a safe boot & repairing permissions, or running maintenance/onyx
iPhoto '09 crashes on 10.6.2 and here are my specs:

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB21.00A5.B07
SMC Version (system): 1.17f0
Serial Number (system): W8732C21Z5W
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0019E349910F
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

It happens no matter what other apps are running, I don't get a beach ball and its been happening as of 2 hours prior to my initial post. It only happens with one particular photo taken with my Canon Powershot A480. All other photos taken with the same camera do not replicate the problem.

P.S.: Sorry for the lack of detail in my initial post.

·
Premium Member
11,953 Posts
If it's only happening with one shot, that's indicative that the file is slightly corrupted. Try exporting the file (just drag it out to the desktop, this makes a copy), maybe open it in Preview or Photoshop or whatever you have handy, re-save it as a JPEG, import that one into iPhoto and try rotating the "new" one. If it works, throw out the "old" copy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
iphoto glitch - can someone help?

Hi folks,

My wife's Macbook displays a message saying 'there are 3 recovered photos, do you want to save them?' on startup. Whether you chose yes or no, it says "The photos have been placed in the folder /Users/rossscreenprint/Pictures/iPhoto Library Recovered Photos_115."...then next time it will be 116, and so on. It is really annoying and I can't fix it no matter how long I play with it.

Any suggestions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts