Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Quck thought did you change user names or short user names between old and new install? That can cause permissions issues.

The default location for iPhoto images is: /Users/YourUserName/Photos/iPhoto Library. If you cannot open this folder permissions are probably the culprit. Try running Permissions Repair from Disk Utility.

· Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Yet another reason I do not like iPhoto. Do "Command-i" on the iPhoto folder. Should look something like the attached file.

If it does not say you can read & write that is the cause of the problem. Opening up the box further and clicking on apply to enclosed items only goes down a couple of levels. You can try BatChmod or Terminal to set the permissions all the way down.

Otherwise I would delete the:
/User/YourUserName/Pictures/iPhoto... folder . Also delete:
/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iPhoto.plist
Boot the Panther computer as a Target drive and copy the folder directly to the correct location. Then start iPhoto. It may or may not work. If not, I would delete iPhoto folder and plist again and start from scratch from the DVD.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.