Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RicktheChemist:
I am totally impressed, and I would recommend the service to anyone.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good to know. I'm currently waiting for some film to be put on a CD. Once they get back, I'll be trying iPhoto for the first time. I can't wait.
:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is another option to iphoto's built in photo service. Check out www.japancamera.com
download the Mac software (os 9) use the promotion code "photos" for a 25% discount and upload your photos. Results will be in your mailbox within 36-48 hours depending upon location . Price for a 4" x 6" is something like $0.70. Very good quality(dye-sub) and Canadian so no exchange on the dollar.

-Sean

·
Registered
259 Posts
Well, enjoy the promotion, because the next time you put in a roll, it will cost you considerably more than Wal-Mart... like about $50 a roll....

:(

-SJ

·
Registered
259 Posts
Sigh. Die-hards. There are lots of places you can send your digital pictures online to get developed. Don's Photo here in Winnipeg is a good example. Black's offers a service as well. Both of them are Canadian companies using Canadian dollars.

But if you want to spend 4 times as much, be my guest. I love Apple, but I want a Canadian source for my iPhoto development. They partnered with Kodak in the States, I don't see why they can't partner with Kodak Canada.

-SJ.

·
Registered
719 Posts
The guy I work with has a 4 MP canon camera and he uploads to Future Shop, and FS sends him the prints.

The picts are good looking, but I don't know the prices.

And the more I use my iBook in the office (they provide me with a Win 95, pentium 1 running at 100mhz, with 6 people sharing an ISDN line), the more Joe likes the Mac and what it could do for his weekend wedding photography business.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Howdy all!

Kodak Canada does offer the same type of service although I don't know about a Canadian iphoto promo but I will check it out.

Here's the link (I think!)
web page

Prices are about the same but you get your pics on photographic paper.

·
Registered
8 Posts
G'day,

Can't speak for the whole country but pretty well any major chain that would deal with Kodak - Shoppers Drug Mart, PharmaPlus, WalMart, the Bay - will probably be able to upload your films to their PhotoNet Online. So far it's only when you have the film developed. I don't know why they don't offer it after the fact but it's the same with Picture CD's, a pretty good product but only from rolls when you get them developed and printed.

But you don't need to take your films in, you can upload from your computer directly to their system and order 4" up to 8" prints, mouse pads, mugs and calendars.

Future Shop, Blacks and basically anybody and everybody is getting into it. I like the fact that Kodak prints on photographic paper though, not dye sub - no banding in the sky shots.

Lots of luck!

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
MotoPhoto also offers the service in Ontario and BC. Just drop into a local outlet and pick up the free software for the service. Works on PC and Mac. Prints are on photographic paper.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts