Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for the help ahead of time!

So i am getting new iMac 2.0ghz with standard specs very soon!

So i have all my photos on an external drive!

Each folder represents a group of photos such as "dominican 06, "joes wedding" or "trent severn 06" etc...

i want to import these into iPhoto but i dont want to have to go through 8gigs of photos and re-organize them myself?

is there a way to import each folder and make it into these new event or album? that is easy and wont take hours? thanks so much!

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
The best advice I can give is to give it a try. It appears some folks are experiencing VERY funky results updating existing iPhoto Libraries and/or importing photos.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yes, you can import folders as events. Read up on the documentation for the correct settings to do it. Additionally, try importing one folder first to make sure it's working correctly for you.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I haven't been using iphoto at all to organize my photos and I was wondering if anyone could help me out. So far I have about 20GB of pics and I was wondering if I was to import all of them into iphoto '08, will the iphoto library also be 20GB resulting in 40GB used up by pics on my hard drive? Furthermore, will edits to imported pics in iphoto be permanent?

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts