Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought id start the thread, wondering how everyone's iPhone X pre orders ETAs are coming along? :)

-iPhone x Email receipt was 3:02am for me, Nov 3rd Delivery
-Preparing for shipment (last update)

Anyone been able to track theirs using the "track by reference feature?" apparently you can use your order # or telephone # and its been showing shipment info for some people. Didn't work for myself, looking forward to Friday!

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
I'm doing in store pickup on Friday as I can't stay home all day waiting for the UPS delivery guy, however I did order a case for delivery at the same time and it's showing up in the UPS app/tracking.

·
Premium Member
15,662 Posts
Have you checked out some of the absurd prices showing up on Ebay.com and even some Craiglist sites lately???

Either some have more surplus money than brains or are on some drugs IMHO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m also planning on hitting the store on Friday. I pre ordered at 3:06am and got a Nov 20 shipping date. Hopefully I can get one in store and just cancel this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 Posts
Wow this site has really died over the years. I used to be a member but stopped when all the right wing BS started to haunt the content.

Anyhow, I have my confirmation Nov 20 too. I'm going to lineup and take a shot at getting a hold of the X. I haven't lined up for years but I have always had good time chit chatting with others during the wait. Good luck to all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The worst part is I'm 1.5 hours away from the store so it's not like I could run over and see the line and know if it's worth it. Wish they had somewhere the stock number they would have for each store.

·
Super Moderator
1,749 Posts
Wow this site has really died over the years. I used to be a member but stopped when all the right wing BS started to haunt the content.

Anyhow, I have my confirmation Nov 20 too. I'm going to lineup and take a shot at getting a hold of the X. I haven't lined up for years but I have always had good time chit chatting with others during the wait. Good luck to all.
Why come back just to let everyone know you're lining up if it's so awful?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got my shipping confirmation email & tracking around 3am last night, looks to be in Burlington,ON all set for delivery tomorrow! Best of luck to everyone going to stores tomorrow

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
not till mid December for me - i slept in till 9 am before i ordered lol

·
Premium Member
15,662 Posts
OK, So all the lineups should be over by now and all the available stock to purchase gone, so were are all the posts from all the excited new owners????

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
OK, So all the lineups should be over by now and all the available stock to purchase gone, so were are all the posts from all the excited new owners????

Guess I’ll be the first. :) I was one of the very first people to get one at pacific centre and I stuck around to take advantage of their wifi in getting the initial setup done. The new process in iOS 11 for transferring from an old phone to a new one is incredibly quick and seamless even compared to the old restore from backup. You now initiate the process just by putting the two phones beside each other.

First impressions so far after less than a day playing with it is Apple hit this one out of the ball park. Face ID is fast to setup and just works. In practice it seems much faster than Touch ID was, and on my limited doppelgänger testing today it didn’t let anyone else but me in. It did fail on my once while I was unconsciously touching my face and happened to have my hand blocking its view of both my nose and mouth.

One other note about the reserve and pickup process, it was great. They had a short section of line reserved for us, though there was no one in it when I arrived as I got there just after 8, checked in and was instantly the next person in line to be seen. Overall this has been the smoothest iPhone upgrade I’ve ever done and I’ve used most of them over
the years with the exceptions of the 3GS, 5S, and 6S, and have done launch day or very close to it a few times, including lining up.

Overall I have to say it was a pretty cool experience setting up the phone in store at 8 am launch day as all the geniuses we’re checking in fairly frequently as it was the first time most of them had seen the setup process too, and the store manager was even hanging around chatting to us.

The only downside is the phones ship with 11.0x so if you’re backup is already on that the phone needs to upgrade itself to that first before it can restore from it/you can really start playing around with it.

3 Posts
Picked up my X yesterday as some new inventory came into the Apple store.

I'm loving this phone. I think it's the best iteration since the 4. Face ID is rock solid for me and super fast.
The flow of software with this OS and gestures is superb. I do not miss the home button.

The feel of this phone is great too. Fits my hand better than the plus sized models of past.

One note of caution...do not drop this phone...the glass repair bill is going to set you back in a big way.
Get a great bumper like Rhinoshield and/or consider applecare. One accident could be a small disaster.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Picked up an iPhone X by walking into an Apple store Monday. Gotta love how deliveries are 2-3 weeks but there is stock out there.

Anyways don’t care about the notch after using it. Looks better with a home screen with rounded edges and a black top but that’s easy with photoshop.

Didn’t get AppleCare primarily for cost as the phone was enough for the moment. Planning on getting it in 2 weeks for cash flow fun. Just holding onto it firmly till then... repair costs or insane from Apple. Absolutely nuts.

I was skeptical on FaceID but working great. Nice that it just works. Safari passwords check it to which makes things secure and seamless as your already looking at the device.

·
Registered
35 Posts
ive seen people on kijiji selling 64 gb models for $1,900 kinda outragous

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Picked up an iPhone X by walking into an Apple store Monday. Gotta love how deliveries are 2-3 weeks but there is stock out there.
i found it offensive and absurd that they have stock in stores with online backorders.
i have woken my times to jump on the reserve system with the concept that apple has no clue how to operate - you wake at 6 AM - select the phone and then the location then the time, then click continue only for a pop up to say you have lost he phone or no iphone available.
Imagine if airlines operated in that fashion..

I called apple to file a few complaints saying it is unbelievable to me that stores have phones when my online order is backordered.. their reply is they are extra phones.. i yelled back " are you intellectually advanced? there is no such thing as extra until all back orders are filled "

then they said my computer is defective, to explain how on 10 different attempts i was unable to reserve a phone LOL

Tim Cook is everything that is wrong with the company today..

·
Registered
801 Posts
I used istocknow.com , set up an alert.. my online phone was scheduled to arrive mid december.. Once I set the alert, I got an email telling me there was stock.. reserved a phone, cancelled my online order.. and voila.. had the phone I pre-ordered a day late on the second day they were out.

It's a great phone!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts