ehMac banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting rather annoyed with my iPhone X. Quite often, I get someone on the other end complaining that my voice breaks up and they don't fully understand what I am saying. This happens with any number of bars of reception. Is there a setting gone awry that is affecting my voice quality on the phone? I disabled Noise Cancellation to see if that helps. Anything else I can try?

·
Premium Member
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have Wifi calling enabled but do not use bluetooth for calls. Simply the phone.

·
Premium Member
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've disabled wifi and even now I'm still being told that my voice is, at times, garbled and cannot be understood. How would I take this up with our Bell provider, as they would probably say that it's my iPhone.

·
Premium Member
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just removed my iPhone from its Unicorn Beetle case and my wife said voice was much better. Are cases known to corrupt a voice that much? I had 4 full bars so it wouldn't be interfering the reception.

·
Premium Member
5,351 Posts
I just removed my iPhone from its Unicorn Beetle case and my wife said voice was much better. Are cases known to corrupt a voice that much? I had 4 full bars so it wouldn't be interfering the reception.
I think it would depend on what the case is covering. I think I would be safe to say that everyone uses a case and I never have issues with call quality. You could do a test though and rule out the phone completely. If your car has bluetooth, try connecting to it and calling through the car. Does the person on the other end find the quality better, same, or worse?

It could be a carrier issue as well I would imagine, might be worth checking with them and you can't make any headway.

·
Premium Member
17,945 Posts
Yep. I had an Otterbox on my iPhone 5 a few years ago. Nobody could hear a damn thing I said.

So I took it off.

Now they can hear me... because my iPhone 5 fell to the ground and broke, because it didn't have an Otterbox case.

Sigh.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had an OtterBox Defender on my iPhone X and had the same problem. People had a hard time hearing me a lot of times. I got a Zizo Bolt and the problem went away. Plus it’s not as bulky as an OtterBox but it has great drop test ratings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts