Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i finally received the iPhone late yesterday.. interesting concept no button..
but only thing I have found missing is

settings - brightness - zoomed / standard views are gone.. which unfortunately a feature i used on the iPhone Plus series as my eyes are old than most ;)

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
but only thing I have found missing is …

I don't know, but from what I've read, maybe Apple has just moved what you're look for and some say some expected "features" are now almost hidden as well as vein relocated.

At least Apple seems to be getting consistent with its iOS inconsistencies it seems lately… :-(

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
settings - brightness - zoomed / standard views are gone.. which unfortunately a feature i used on the iPhone Plus series as my eyes are old than most Seems like another likely p*ss'd off user and maybe drom Apple a line.

See:
Rene Ritchie said on twitter that display zoom does not exist on the iPhone X.
and
It does NOT :( I just did a search to find out if there's a different way to turn it on and that's how I found this thread
and some other's comments:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-x-display-zoom.2082966/

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
filled out the suggestion for the apple feed back.. those of us with eyes that are 40 yrs of age appreciate the zoomed view

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
filled out the suggestion for the apple feed back.. those of us with eyes that are 40 yrs of age appreciate the zoomed view
Then you can really appreciate what it's like for some of use in the senior 65 years and older bracket… so thanks of your feedback to Apple.

But I'll probably be stuck with my iOS 9.x on my iPad 2 for quite a while… ;-)

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts

I guess removing the option to have any "zoomed view" on the iPhone X is another of Apple's "new & improved features" and I guess they thought and figured that it's larger and better screen would be enough.

I really wonder about their mode of thinking and logic lately and especially when thy consider adding a big number of Emojis is something special and that everyone needs. Yup, almost vital eh??? Even if one can't enlarge anything to see them. Sigh… :-(

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
I played with one briefly in Best Buy when I saw it on display. Someone had dropped the display brightness to the bottom so it was barely visible. Took me a long time to figure out how to brighten the screen as the control panel did not work the same as it does on my iPhone 7. Had to go to settings and change it there, not sure if it is in control centre or even how to bring it up on the new phone.

A friend has the iPhone X and he sent some pictures, they certainly do look really good. I will be holding off till next year before replacing my iPhone 7 with whatever update comes for the X.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I played with one briefly in Best Buy when I saw it on display. Someone had dropped the display brightness to the bottom so it was barely visible. Took me a long time to figure out how to brighten the screen as the control panel did not work the same as it does on my iPhone 7. Had to go to settings and change it there, not sure if it is in control centre or even how to bring it up on the new phone.
Top right, swipe down.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Top right, swipe down.

Yup, the "new & improved" iOS and the lack of consistency strikes again…

Open Control Center

Swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen. On iPhone X, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen. On iPad, you can also double-click the Home button.
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202769

And:
not sure if it is in control centre or even how to bring it up
for some Canadians looking to search for anything to do with or help with the iOS Control Center, don't forget that Apple does not spell it as "control centre", but as "Control Center".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts