Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this possible? Portable DVD/Bluray player and velcro on a bluetooth keyboard/trackpad to it? HDMI/VGA out? Any suggestions?

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
If someone can understand what your asking, I'd be amazed!

Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't understand what the question is.

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Is this possible? Portable DVD/Bluray player and velcro on a bluetooth keyboard/trackpad to it? HDMI/VGA out? Any suggestions?
Based on the compacted question and details, I can only assume he is trying to turn his iPhone into a laptop with various accessories...

IF this is NOT what you are asking for, then please ignore my post.

IF this is what you are asking for, read my post.

Fortunately, you could use the Apple Digital AV Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.) to output pictures and some videos/movies, etc.

As well, you could connect a Bluetooth keyboard - Apple Wireless Keyboard - Apple Store (U.S.)

But not a mouse... OF course, I am pretty sure you could rip DVDs and Blurays, and put the on your iPhone to show on your TV.

·
Premium Member
10,314 Posts
Based on the compacted question and details, I can only assume he is trying to turn his iPhone into a laptop with various accessories...

IF this is NOT what you are asking for, then please ignore my post.

IF this is what you are asking for, read my post.

Fortunately, you could use the Apple Digital AV Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.) to output pictures and some videos/movies, etc.

As well, you could connect a Bluetooth keyboard - Apple Wireless Keyboard - Apple Store (U.S.)

But not a mouse... OF course, I am pretty sure you could rip DVDs and Blurays, and put the on your iPhone to show on your TV.
Easy now—the poster could be a she. I'd suggest that he or she not get tanked before posting a question though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm a guy, I wasn't drunk at the time and I am quite fluent in French and English.

Yes, I am indeed trying to "convert" an iPhone into a laptop. My hypothesis was that if I got a decently sized Portable DVD player and put velcro tabs on it for a Bluetooth keyboard/trackpad. I would then get a VGA out adapter to output to the portable DVD player. The problem is that I don't know if I'm on the right track, hardware-wise.

Please no replies with proper sentence structures, spelling mistakes (this was written on an iPhone) and/or grammatical errors. I was being a little silly in the original post but thought that it'd be understandable.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Please no replies with proper sentence structures, spelling mistakes (this was written on an iPhone) and/or grammatical errors. I was being a little silly in the original post but thought that it'd be understandable.
Hey, I did my replies on an iPad and had no trouble being understood.

·
IAMSTIG
2,676 Posts
Given the cost of netbooks these days you would be FAR better off buying one of those and installing OSX on it if you want a cheap Mac laptop. Google the OSX86 project.

·
Premium Member
15,515 Posts
I wonder if I translate the OP's post correctly if they are thinking of modding their iPhone and/or adding various peripherals so they could use it as portable computer or even as a desktop "Mac" as many do with their MB/MBPs??

Hmmm... an interesting idea, and it seems some similar stuff is/was available after doing a Google search on 'turn iphone into portable computer':
iTWire - A Netbook-style clamshell for the iPhone is coming!
OLO Computer would turn an iPhone into a netbook - Liliputing

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, play me off as an idiot again after clearly saying what I want. Then tell me to "gugle kthxbye". Too bad the OLO Computer doesn't exist yet. It's very easy to paste a URL without even doing research to make someone look stupid and lazy. If this is what this "community" is about, then I want nothing to do with it. I'm sorry I didn't ask a better, cooler question like installing Gnome on Mac OS or the iPhone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts