Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my iPone and clicked on an image in Google search and was redirected somewhere and before the site even opened i received the pop up “your iPhone has been hacked“. I didn't click on anything and simply turned my phone off. Should i be concerned that i've been hacked?

·
Administrator
230 Posts
Welcome to the forum. This is a scam. What happens is when you close the pop up window. A site loads with instructions on what to do. As long as you didn’t do anything after receiving the pop up message, you’ll be fine.

What you should do is to close all of the web pages that where opened from this. You should alsoclear your web history and cookies. If you are running iOS 15, you can also enable the Private Relay feature under your iCloud settings.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome to the forum. This is a scam. What happens is when you close the pop up window. A site loads with instructions on what to do. As long as you didn’t do anything after receiving the pop up message, you’ll be fine.

What you should do is to close all of the web pages that where opened from this. You should alsoclear your web history and cookies. If you are running iOS 15, you can also enable the Private Relay feature under your iCloud settings.
There’s no need to clear history and cookies, just close the tab. If you clear cookies you will have to log into all the websites that are automatically logged in. Clearing cookies is a scorched earth fix and rarely needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts