Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
IAMSTIG
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what Apple plans on doing for windows users with regard to Calender integration? My wife is still a windows user (for now) and I'd love to get her using iCal on her XP machine so we could sync our calenders but iCal's obviously only available for Mac's. I know there's software like MonoCalender that is similar and can sync but I'm curious what Apples plans are given the iPhone release and the fact they've ported over Safari.

·
Registered
368 Posts
The only stated support will be for Microsoft Outlook, similar to what is already supported for the iPod (albeit synchronization with the iPod is one-way only).

According to Apple, this will be Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express for contacts/i], and Microsoft Outlook for calendar data (Outlook Express does not have a calendar feature). Apple has not specified which versions will be specifically supported, but the current version of iTunes only provides support for Outlook 2003.

There won't be any other software provided... You'll simply setup the synchronization with Outlook in iTunes in much the same way that you do right now, and then use that applications to manage your calendar and contact data.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts