Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I've recently purchased an iPhone 5C that had a non functioning touch screen, I thought that a simple screen change would fix it, but no luck.

I've tried a reset, hard reset, restore but I get nothing. I understand that could have received a faulty screen but I'm wondering if the digitizer connector on the main board could be at fault.

I was curious if anyone has come across this before and if anyone had any suggestions.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,314 Posts
Take it back to Apple and exchange it for a new one. How long ago did you purchase it? They come with a one year warranty.

My daughter's iPhone 5C went kaput about eight months into using it. They checked it, ran some tests, couldn't get the screen to come on, and then gave her a new one. If your screen is cracked, you'll have to pay something but hers wasn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No no, this phone was purchased used. I could be wrong, but even if this phone still had warranty, I doubt Apple would help since the phone has been opened up by the previous owner...and me.

I was only curious if anyone has come across this situation, where everything seems to work (charging/buttons/sound/sync/etc) all but the digitizer (touch screen) while repairing a 5C.

Thanks

·
You are just an illusion
2,856 Posts
You could have gotten a display with a bad digitizer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts