Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will Rogers unlock it?
I called them, and they said that they can't.

Having said that, there's lots of places that will unlock it, there's also free software online if you look around on Google you can probably find them to jailbreak and unlock.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
I called them, and they said that they can't.

Having said that, there's lots of places that will unlock it, there's also free software online if you look around on Google you can probably find them to jailbreak and unlock.
Absolutely, but Rogers does a factory unlock which is the most desirable.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Absolutely, but Rogers does a factory unlock which is the most desirable.
Not sure what to tell you. They told me they can't do it. If you buy the phone, maybe you'll have better luck getting them to unlock it... I'm getting stonewalled.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Not sure what to tell you. They told me they can't do it. If you buy the phone, maybe you'll have better luck getting them to unlock it... I'm getting stonewalled.
They will only unlock it with the consent of the account holder. I just went through this with an ancient 3G. Your deal is excellent though. Too bad I'm with Fido.

Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They will only unlock it with the consent of the account holder. I just went through this with an ancient 3G. Your deal is excellent though. Too bad I'm with Fido.

Best of luck.
Rogers and Fido are the same network. I'm 99% sure that my Rogers iPhone 4 will work with a Fido sim...

·
Registered
853 Posts
The fido and Rogers sim are different, even though it is the same network. So if the phone I locked to Rogers it can only be used with a Rogers sim.

On a side note the Bell SIM is the same as a Virgin SIM so a locked virgin phone will work with bell and vise-versa but that is the only case that I'm aware of with swappable sims on a locked iPhone.

If the iPhone was purchased for a subsidized price then it may be difficult to get Rogers to unlock it till the original contract is over.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Rogers and Fido are the same network. I'm 99% sure that my Rogers iPhone 4 will work with a Fido sim...
The limitation is to have the account in use for a few months that it was subsidized originally on. Also the fee is not cheap - some $50+local Taxes I think.

• Have an account in good standing
  • Have paid the un-subsidized / no term cost for the device at least 30 days prior OR have finished their Commitment Period (contract)
  • Unlock a device which is listed in their equipment history (no grey market devices)
  • Pay a $50 unlocking fee plus applicable taxes (note: prepaid customers must have a $50 plus the applicable taxes, balance on their account)
  • The unlock service is available through the Customer Care team (1-888-481-3436 or 1-888-Rogers1)

Still sucks but hey its better to sell to someone already on Rogers Wireless.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I usually do... actually, I usually just delete the post...

no point having it up there with all the details and whatnot....

why do you want to see the post of an item that was sold? you can't buy it?

·
Premium Member
15,710 Posts
It makes a good comparison point for selling/buying other stuff... It shows what you've sold/bought previously so we can judge what to buy from you in the future... It draws people to the site, which is important to continue to buy/sell other stuff and helps ehMax...

And, if a buyer goes back to check that they got what they paid for, they can check against your ad. If the ad is gone, and they haven't screen-captured or saved the page, and something is out of whack with the purchase, they may be put out/if may actually be something fishy.

So, yeah, lots of reasons to maintain our ads here.

I usually do... actually, I usually just delete the post...

no point having it up there with all the details and whatnot....

why do you want to see the post of an item that was sold? you can't buy it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts