Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In comparing snappiness of the UI between my 2021 5th gen iPad Pro 12.9 inch to my new iPhone 14 Pro Max, the iPhone definitely shows results much quicker in search than the iPad. I always did find the search speed kind of “annoying” with the iPad as I’d expect immediate results as I’m getting with the iPhone. Not really an issue per se, but I’m wondering what others are finding.

·
Premium Member
16,572 Posts
I always did find the search speed kind of “annoying” with the iPad as I’d expect immediate results as I’m getting with the iPhone. Not really an issue per se, but I’m wondering what others are finding.

Not exactly a surprising discovery considering later iDevice models are usually faster than their previous generations.

You can find some comparisons here:

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for those links. I plain old assumed that my iPad with 16GB of ram would keep up the pace. I know ram doesn't have anything to do with speed in such a case (or does it?) but it's still not nice to see my iPhone beating it out, as I use my iPad for more tasks.

·
Premium Member
16,572 Posts
I know ram doesn't have anything to do with speed in such a case (or does it?) but it's still not nice to see my iPhone beating it out, as I use my iPad for more tasks.
Your newer iPhone may seem to be quite a bit faster in browsing, but I would be willing to take a bet that you can actually get more done in a faster time using your iPad, as well as being able to see better on the larger screen.

PS: you may even have some cleaning up to do on the older iPad as well as double-checking some/all settings that you might be able to improve for faster speed, and that includes trying a different browser and search site.

BTW: assuming I got the correct models to do the comparisons, the clean up and settings I mentioned may be more critical then what I mentioned earlier as it appears from the Geekbench scores that the older iPad gets are actually faster then the newer iPhone 14 unless I misread some of the figures:

Have a look and see if I am not wrong. ;-)

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The searching I'm referring to is the UI, not the browser of choice. Searching for apps or files on the iPad is slower in showing results than the iPhone 14 Pro.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts