Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Waiting for Apple Watch!
950 Posts
Nice!
I don't think there will be a shortage.
I saw just 1 person in line at FS in Ottawa.
Hardcore buyers all got them from US.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice!
I don't think there will be a shortage.
I saw just 1 person in line at FS in Ottawa.
Hardcore buyers all got them from US.
Based on the way they are selling this morning, I think Apple and many stores will be sold out later today.

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
Based on the way they are selling this morning, I think Apple and many stores will be sold out later today.
I was first in line at BestBuy Markham. Was joined by another in short order. A few more over the next 3 hours. BestBuy received 45 units at least half were gone in immediately, the rest won't last more than an hour. The most popular option in the line was 16GB 3G (including me), of which they received none forcing folks up (only a few went down). They only received a small number of 32GB 3G forcing even more to to the top of which they had the most units.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As of writing this,

Carbon Toronto has all models except 16GB Wifi + 3G

Carbon Ottawa has all models except 16 Wifi + 3G, 32 Wifi + 3G, 64 Wifi + 3G

Carbon Kitchener has all models except 64GB Wifi, 16GB Wifi + 3G.

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Just got back from picking mine up at carbon ottawa ctv news was doing a story on it and ended up interviewing me.

·
Premium Member
5,389 Posts
picked up a 32 gig wifi from kitchener carbon, no line ups at all. Very impressive device!

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
That would be correct they were out of 3g models when I was there, I just got the wi-fi model instead as I don't really forsee when I'd be using it and not in a wifi area. Decided to up the storage instead and got the 64 gb model. The other model I had been considering was the 32 gb 3g model

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Apple is making hay. There will be a profusion of Android tablets in the next 6 months and its important to establish a critical mass and rely on personal referrals and casual experiences/word of mouth to maintain interest and build commitment (through App purchases). This creates a virtuous circle, bringing on and keeping happy developers and setting a higher threshold for competitors. There has been a spate of bus shelter adverts for the iPad in Toronto over the past week or so. I'm resisting for now but know its inevitable I'll be playing with a 3G version before the year is out.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Apple is making hay. There will be a profusion of Android tablets in the next 6 months and its important to establish a critical mass and rely on personal referrals and casual experiences/word of mouth to maintain interest and build commitment (through App purchases). This creates a virtuous circle, bringing on and keeping happy developers and setting a higher threshold for competitors. There has been a spate of bus shelter adverts for the iPad in Toronto over the past week or so. I'm resisting for now but know its inevitable I'll be playing with a 3G version before the year is out.
I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but one thing I have learned about business... Never, ever underestimate the power of being early or first to market. It is a HUGE business advantage.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As of Saturday morning at 10:45:

Carbon Toronto has:
All 3 Wifi models, but currently sold out of 3G Models

Carbon Ottawa has:
All 3 Wifi models and 1 64GB 3G left

Carbon Kitchener has:
16GB and 32GB Wifi Models (5 more 64GB Wifi models supposed to arrive this morning)
32GB 3G models

Units are still selling fast and models may sell out quickly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts