Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apple's iPad Announcement Leads To PR Disruption For Nokia and Microsoft

As expected, Apple has announced an event for the end of October, and the expectation is that Tim Cook and his team will be announcing the new range of iPads, along with more details on OSX Mavericks and the MacPro.
What’s clear is that everyone is going to be talking about the iPad in the news cycle, and there’s not going to be a lot of room to talk about tablets from anyone else.

It’s a bit of a downer for Microsoft, as October 22nd is also the day that the Surface 2 RT goes on sale in the United States.

It’s also a bit of a downer for Nokia. Over in Abu Dhabi is the final ‘Nokia World’ before Nokia’s devices and services team pick up their paycheque from Microsoft. It’s widely expected that Nokia will be announcing a ‘phablet’ Windows Phone 8 device alongside their first Windows 8 RT tablet.
(Forbes)

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
I am looking forward to an update to the mini. I love my iPad mini, the size and weight are perfect. Would be nice with a retina display, though I have had no complaints about the regular screen. I will definitely be upgrading to a new mini once they are announced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.