Votes: 7 53.8%
  • WiFi and 3G

Votes: 6 46.2%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a magazine writer in need of someone to talk with (phone or email) about their plans to purchase an iPad. I write for MoneySense magazine and we're putting together an article about what iPad models work best for different users. Basically, it a WiFi vs. WiFi/3G debate. We're also wondering if people are going to opt for the 16, 32 or 64 GB models.

Anyone who wants to chip in with an opinion is most welcome. I do need to be able to quote real names for the article though.

If you are interested in helping let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm a magazine writer in need of someone to talk with (phone or email) about their plans to purchase an iPad. I write for MoneySense magazine and we're putting together an article about what iPad models work best for different users. Basically, it a WiFi vs. WiFi/3G debate. We're also wondering if people are going to opt for the 16, 32 or 64 GB models.

Anyone who wants to chip in with an opinion is most welcome. I do need to be able to quote real names for the article though.

Thanks!
Any interest in current iPad users in Canada such as myself?

·
Registered
133 Posts

Thanks!
I'm very interested - you can send me a Private Message and we can email from there.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Just sent you may email address.

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
I chose the 64gb Wifi model. I couldn't justify paying $130 more for the iPad so that I would also have to pay Rogers $35+ for another data plan every month. If I ever feel the need use 3G for my iPad, I'll just jailbreak.

Break it down over a year ($35 x 12) + 130 = $550.

How many times are you gonna use 3G versus Wifi? Unless I was using the iPad as a laptop replacement and didn't have an iPhone already with a data plan, I see no reason for an iPad 3G - when over the course of a year instead of paying for 3G data and chips - you can have enough money to buy ANOTHER iPad ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
32gb 3g

I pre-ordered a 32GB 3G. I may or may not use the 3G service, but I bought it for the GPS. I am partially funding the iPad by selling off the Intel Atom-based computer I built into my old Land Rover, and an old 12" Powerbook I have kicking around.

I got the 32GB because it's twice the size of my 16GB iPhone, and I can always just switch out videos on the iPad, and 64GB wouldn't carry everything anyway.

- Andrew.

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Same here, I ordered the 3G version for the GPS functionnality. 64GB, because I will use it to store photos on vacation, and I can easily end up with 20-30GB per week. I'll probably build a dock into the dashboard of the car to replace the 7" touchscreen I've got in there right now connected to a small PC, and the iPad will become my music/navigation system, which is easily removable also.

Luc

·
Registered
28 Posts
Same here, I ordered the 3G version for the GPS functionnality. 64GB, because I will use it to store photos on vacation, and I can easily end up with 20-30GB per week. I'll probably build a dock into the dashboard of the car to replace the 7" touchscreen I've got in there right now connected to a small PC, and the iPad will become my music/navigation system, which is easily removable also.

Luc
Haha, sounds familiar. I'm not quite sure what I'll do with the custom screen mount I have cut into my dash now. I'll have to repurpose it for the iPad mount, although it's too small to just fit it.

- Andrew.

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
I chose the 64gb Wifi model. I couldn't justify paying $130 more for the iPad so that I would also have to pay Rogers $35+ for another data plan every month. If I ever feel the need use 3G for my iPad, I'll just jailbreak.

Break it down over a year ($35 x 12) + 130 = $550.

How many times are you gonna use 3G versus Wifi? Unless I was using the iPad as a laptop replacement and didn't have an iPhone already with a data plan, I see no reason for an iPad 3G - when over the course of a year instead of paying for 3G data and chips - you can have enough money to buy ANOTHER iPad ;)
Good point. I never thought of it that way!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.