Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here delved into creating automated routines in Shortcuts app? I have created a few. We could use this thread to discuss the shortcuts routines and help each other out.

I have an issue with a few automated ones I created. There are some that prompt me to run. I actually want them to automatically run, without any intervention on my part. An example of this is. When I leave my house, I have an automation set to turn off airplane mode, turn off wifi, set low power mode to on, and turn on Bluetooth. However; I always get prompted to run this. So if I don’t hit run, then it doesn’t work. I can’t find a way to get this to work.

I have other shortcuts created, like when I open Netflix, it will turn off my orientation lock. This automatically runs when I open one of my streaming apps. Maybe this is all be design and there isn’t anything I can do.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I love the Shortcuts app! I started using it back when it was called Workflow before Apple acquired it and was always amazed by its capabilities. This ended up being a great acquisition for users because Apple has upgraded Shortcuts with capabilities that a third party dev simply wouldn't have access to.

In regards to your problem, there should be a "Ask Before Running" toggle switch on the last screen when you create a new automation (or on the Edit screen after you've created it).

Communication Device Gadget Font Screenshot Portable communications device

·
Administrator
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a great app, I love the possibilities of what can be done with it. When I create these particular routines, there isn’t an ask before running option. Which I find kind of strange. My routines for disabling orientation lock, on all my streaming apps, I do have this option when creating. Maybe Apple doesn’t allow complete automation when having certain actions in your automation. I will play around with it some more.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts