Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dedicated Gmail account just for my iPad. Yesterday, I started getting bombarded by junk mail to that account. I thought that was weird, because Gmail has always been pretty good about filtering spam.

So, I went to the Gmail website to see why the mail hadn’t been filtered and to flag them so the system would learn. But, when I get in there, I see that the offending emails were, in fact, filtered and were in the Spam folder. Huh?

I get back into Mail on my iPad and noticed that the spam are all addressed to the same email account name but with an @aol.com domain. They were also CCed to the same aol address. Thing is, I don’t, nor have I ever, had an aol email address. And Mail on my iPad certainly isn’t set up to get mail at an aol address.

This is perplexing. Gmail correctly filtered the emails as spam, so they should not have been downloaded by Mail.app. Yet, there they are, in my Inbox, with aol.com addresses to boot.

Any ideas what’s going on here?

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
just block the domain aol.com - i am sure you wont miss anything important..

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
They are probably spamming {your username}@{a whack of domains} all at once. Or, possibly, they own the {your username}@aol.com address and are using it to forward as necessary by BCC.

·
Premium Member
15,524 Posts
I think they are spamming that's why you are facing this. You can contact these guys for help in this regard boltsource.io

Hmmm...??? I would really question the fact that they might be able to help with this OP's problem, and I would strongly suspect that this is nothing more than SPAM In itself.

- Patrick
=======

1 - 5 of 5 Posts