Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

iOS Accounting App - Ledger 3.0 Released

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  lucasgladding 
#1 ·
My friend Lucas Gladding has released Ledger 3.0, which brings a streamlined interface and unique financial reporting capabilities to the accounting application. It also features camera, address book, and maps integration, an embedded calculator, and AirPrint support. Ledger is available on the iTunes App Store for $3.99.

Ledger is a double-entry bookkeeping solution, and is designed for personal and small business accounting. New with version 3.0, the financial reporting system creates balance sheets, income statements, trial balances, and more. The reporting system also supports custom accounting periods and spreadsheet, email, and print formats.

Lucas Gladding is based near Waterloo, Ontario, and has been developing for the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and Mac OS for more than 5 years. He also has experience in accounting, training, and user interface design, and has published two apps on the iTunes App Store.

Lucas says: “I have always found finance applications frustrating, as most hide standard accounting behind interfaces that vary from app to app. Splits and transfers are where these differences are most obvious. In contrast, Ledger uses a simple interface to reveal the accounting behind transactions. While double-entry bookkeeping requires some learning from users without accounting experience, the learning curve is in the accounting, not the app.”

“Another goal when creating Ledger back in 2008 was to provide users with an opportunity to learn double-entry accounting outside the classroom. While Ledger is primarily an app for tracking your finances, many users have commented on the educational value.”

Ledger 3.0.2 is available now for purchase on the iTunes App Store for $3.99, or as a free update for existing users. For more information about his apps, Ledger and Deposit USD, visit www.ledgerapp.com and www.cashdepositapp.com.

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks for the info. Could be very useful.

The one thing I need is for the app to be used on iPad as well as iPhone, no 2x zooming feature and no "HD" app. One app all devices.
Also it would be helpful if the app used iCloud for its database storage as other apps are starting to do so that I can use any iOS device with the same info.

#3 ·
Side note, I wonder if it's Ben Thanh as in the market in Saigon, Vietnam, or did someone actually decide to open a restaurant called Ben Thanh here in North America. It's like Osaka Sushi or Seoul BBQ or finding a place in Asia called Toronto Crepes and St John's Fish & Chips.

#4 ·
It's actually Ben Thanh in Kitchener-Waterloo. Great food by my standards. I love the Vietnamese Yellow Curry Chicken bowl. :)

@Joker Eh: I have been working on iCloud support for Ledger 3.1, so it is coming. iPad support is also in the plans for 3.1, but keep that quiet, it's not official yet. :)

@ehMax: Thanks for posting the release. Always appreciated.

For anyone else: Ledger is different than other finance apps, so I do recommend reading the documentation if you aren't familiar with double-entry. If anyone near KW downloads the app and has suggestions, I would love to do a Ledger meet up someday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.