Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't think this would be of any news to anyone. This iOS 8 adoption has been pretty slow. I know I've not make the jump yet, but also because I'm still using a 4s which has been a friendly partner to that OS.
68% does seem low considering they always crowed about the near complete adoption of new OSes in the past.

But the funnier story might the Android adoption of Lollipop. 馃憖

No One Is Using Google's Massive Android Update

wow. It's been abut 6 weeks and no activity. LOL.

Having said that much, i'm actually looking for an Android phone for testing. Any suggestion?

H!

Registered
With the iPhone user-base including more and more corporate users, companies have policies which restrict users from updating their iOS until authorized by their IT department. iOS upgrade adoptions rates will continue to decline.

Premium Member
Well it is the glitchiest iOS update I have seen. I have a 6 Plus and while it works most of the time, I get freezing every now and then, sometimes it won't switch to wifi and a few other things. It is not happening all the time, but now and then these little things pop up.

Premium Member
Too many people still feel burned by the iOS 7 update, doubly so since Apple doesn't allow you to go back. It's not worth taking the chance anymore. I will never update the OS on an iDevice again.

If I could install iOS 6 on my iPhone 6 plus, I'd do it in a heartbeat. iOS 8 is garbage.

Premium Member
updating 8.1.2 is up there with "selling my wayne gretzky rookie card back in the 80s" and "buying stock in nortel" as one of my all time boner manoeuvres

my battery has gone from being a thing of beauty to a pox upon my house

Premium Member
And it's precisely due to anecdotes like yours that I haven't upgraded yet. Still on 6.1.4.

Registered
Wow... so many haters.
I've done iOS 8 on all devices in our house and it's great. Not an issue in the slightest across 2 iPads (Air and Mini) and two iPhone 5's (not iPhone 5S's). I was sick when the Betas were out so i didn't get a chance to test it before, but had almost no issues since launch day...

BReligion

1 - 9 of 9 Posts