ehMac banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
Hi folks, i like some of the features from iOS 6 - not that I've got it installed but i look forward to next week.

This may have been covered but will turn by turn navigation come to Canada?

·
Apple Aficionado
152 Posts
Hi folks, i like some of the features from iOS 6 - not that I've got it installed but i look forward to next week.

This may have been covered but will turn by turn navigation come to Canada?
Yup, it's there.

Currently, the Passbook app is not available through the Canadian App Store yet.
(When you open the passbook app and click App Store, an error message appears)

·
Registered
801 Posts
Canadian 3D maps`

Just checked, and parts of Calgary are showing up in 3D now in the maps app.

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Passbook is there, and it works if you have any passes. Almost no one is using them yet, you can create your own and load them in (or load demo ones floating around the net).

·
Apple Aficionado
152 Posts
Passbook is there, and it works if you have any passes. Almost no one is using them yet, you can create your own and load them in (or load demo ones floating around the net).
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347549683.202304.jpg

Interesting....

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
One of my biggest pet peeves so far, is that I can't use Siri in the car over bluetooth. She tries, but it won't use any available Mic (iPhone's or cars) so it hears nothing.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
One of my biggest pet peeves so far, is that I can't use Siri in the car over bluetooth. She tries, but it won't use any available Mic (iPhone's or cars) so it hears nothing.
Works for me with my '09 f150. Factory radio with Bluetooth.

·
Premium Member
15,708 Posts
What happened when you called the car manufacturer and asked what you could do?

·
Premium Member
15,708 Posts
iOS 6 works fine with the built-in bluetooth in my car, and others; haven't heard about it not working.. perhaps there's a firmware update for the Pioneer?

It's an after market Pioneer, I guess I'll call them, I assumed it was due to the iOS 6 Beta

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yup, it's there.

Currently, the Passbook app is not available through the Canadian App Store yet.
(When you open the passbook app and click App Store, an error message appears)
What really odd is I'm on the developer GM (I have my own account thank you) release of iOS6 and when I opened the appstore (8 apps udpated from 12 yesterday), for a brief moment I saw a plethora of supporting airlines/vendors for Passbook. Since I instinctly switched to Updates I cannot track back nor recall where these where listed. I did notice luftsana (I think) airlines and they have their own separate app in the Canadian AppStore.

I REALLY hope iOS6 is a lesson for the entire iOS In-house Apple Developer Engineering team. Do NOT EVER make changes until a) its fully tested for months and bugs ironed out, and b) 3rd party developers are contacted and INVOLVED in the changes every step taking note to their input and insight!!

Maps really is CRAP!
Addresses in AddressBook, addresses in URL/sites in Safari (or other apps) do NOT open in Maps .. but instead in a GMaps page via thier website which sucks squirrel's! I'm VERY angry about the time they had to get flyover working just right and Toronto only got the downtown core updated. It says where I live by Dupont & Landsdowne I'm in the TTC yard!! The official TTC yard is over 7km downtown and on Bathurst and St. Claire!! Arrrgh!

81 - 94 of 94 Posts