ehMac banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Is it possible to jailbreak it on the ipad2?

I'm loving this build, installed on both my iPhone 4 and iPad 2. Really stable for a beta build, I'm impressed. Love the notifications, and I actually have no use to jailbreak now! Good job Apple.

And yes iMessages is directly integrated, I tested it with my iPad and seems to work really well. I'm sure there are new things that I haven't seen yet but for the most part I've looked pretty much everywhere for new changes and there's tons here and there.

I tried using Airplay to mirror my iPad 2, however, I think my Apple TV needs updating to the Beta as well, and unfortunately, I won't because it's jailbroken to use Plex as my Media Center. It'll wait a bit but looks promising.

Has anyone been able to use Wifi Sync yet? I found the iTunes Sync, but it's always greyed out unless I plug my iPhone into the Mac.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask :)
:lmao:

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I didn't think it was possible to jailbreak the iPad 2 yet at all, but I don't really keep a close eye on the jailbreak stuff as I don't use it. As far as I know though the jailbreak that is out is a tethered one, and relies on an exploit in older hardware ie not iPad 2. But I could be wrong and that is sure to change.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Thanks for all your impressions folks! I'm almost tempted to see if I can find a used iPod touch to install all this on and check it out...

What I find interesting is how there are a lot of great features, little things, that weren't really featured in the keynote. Wi-fi sync is HUGE, IMO. Airplay mirroring on the iPad 2 will be great. Though my biggest, simple thing is WEEK VIEW IN IPHONE CALENDAR!

·
Registered
378 Posts
What I find interesting is how there are a lot of great features, little things, that weren't really featured in the keynote. Wi-fi sync is HUGE, IMO. Airplay mirroring on the iPad 2 will be great. Though my biggest, simple thing is WEEK VIEW IN IPHONE CALENDAR!
All the little things that jailbreakers have already had.. Seems apple is learning from us!! Even hiring one of the developers!!!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts