Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the phone to one of the techs at Internic the other day - I was trying to register a new URL. I have about 15 with them currently with them and like the service and don't want to use another registrar - they don't want me to either:hey:

The process crashed my Mac when I got to the "choose hosting option."

I tried three different macs I have here - four different browsers and they all did the same. I went through this with the guy - he was very Mac aware and definitely on top of things. It seems that new code was written into the shopping cart and it does not work well - if at all - on a Mac. Off the cuff mentioned they probably didn't check it on the Mac platform. Microsoft servers are what they use he informed me.

i finally did register using Virtual PC...took about 10 times as long as VPC runs as slow as my old Mac Plus. (Sorry that is not true - it doesn't run anywhere near as fast as the Macplus . ;)

He was putting in a service order - but after checking today - still not working

man... what a drag!

Anyone else use Internic? Having the same issues?

he says he would email me with any changes.

I'll keep you posted.

This unfortunately is yet another sad tale that adds up to me a "You will never get me off a Mac except for prying it from my dead, cold hands" having tomake my next computer purchase a PC. :(

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
It sucks but the only way they'll learn is if you say "Hey, this is the internet we're talking about here. It should be platform independent. Either you figure out the problem and fix it, or I take my business elsewhere."

You don't have to be rude about it, but just explain that's the way it has to be. If they give you grief ask them what is easier and more practical: to buy a whole new computer and software, or to take your domain name business to another vendor?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts