Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what people generally use to protect their Macs while on the Internet. I know Macs are immune to many viruses, but there must be some need for concern? What about hacking etc.? I have never really used firewall or antivirus software before. Mostly looking for a name and recommendation. Is it still Norton and how necessary is it? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, gordguide and Dr. G. for the replies. Dr. G., I just checked out the Aliant option and alas, you guessed it, they don't support the Mac. So, what else is new, eh? I appreciate the suggestion, though. Hope this finds you well!

gordguide, I do have OSX but am easing myself into it, I suppose. Also, I keep reading here about how it is rather painful to use if you have a low processing speed and/or less than 512MB RAM. I have both, unfortunately. Currently, 256MB on a Lombard 400Mhz G3. Still, I do plan to try and when and if so, will use the built-in firewall.
I don't want to use a router at this time, so I will explore other options but really do thank you for the advice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.