Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
So what will happen if this catches on and Apple removes even local streaming because people are abusing it?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
-So what will happen if this catches on and Apple removes even local streaming because people are abusing it?-

its everyones loss :mad: just because some people are to cheap to go out and buy a cd. its not like cds cost much anymore. support the artists don't steal from them.

:D

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
MacPablo - as much as I side with you all the way - not all users are thieves. That's been the part that sucks the most. But it's incredible to see to what extent people will go out to hack s/w... But it's part of the process. we need it.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
This has nothing to do with people buying CD's. It has to do with paranoia at Apple's new best friend, the RIAA.

If the sales of CD's are down, the members of the RIAA need to rethink their business models, not constantly send their lawyers after every person sitting in their basements. If they would have spent some time thinking about alternatives back in 98, rather than sticking their heads in the sand, they might be in a better position now.

The iTunes internet sharing mechanism was used by 98% of the people to listen to music. I know for myself, it sold at least one double CD album (ELO). I did grab one song from iTunes, but it's the one of the songs that is on the CD that I bought, so I have a legal license to listen to it, and it will be replaced once I have time to rip it...

I'm not wild about supporting the Draconian RIAA, but I like my music to be of the best quality that I can get it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts