1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
4,720 Posts
Cool article but still has nothing about typing. How can an article claiming the iPad perfect for academia not mention typing!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Interesting article, but I found iAnnotate somewhat clunky to use. Annotating pdfs is a significant part of graduate work (and academia in general) so if that feature was improved upon it would be perfect.

·
Premium Member
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting article, but I found iAnnotate somewhat clunky to use. Annotating pdfs is a significant part of graduate work (and academia in general) so if that feature was improved upon it would be perfect.
The iPad's only been out for two months - so I'd give the developers some feedback (even if you haven't purchased yet, you can still give feedback) and wait for the features you want to arrive. Most iPad software is very 1.0 still - even Apple's.

Adrian said:
Cool article but still has nothing about typing. How can an article claiming the iPad perfect for academia not mention typing!
Typing on the iPad has universally been reported on to be pretty good! The on screen keyboard is pretty responsive, and a good size. Better/easier than a Netbook, IMHO.

And if you don't like typing on the iPad Screen - then use the iPad Keyboard dock (it's good - I have it!) or most external BT keyboards!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Article updated with writing and typing!

Hey Adrian,

I've updated the article with a quick blurb on typing and writing (#4.5), thanks for the suggestion!

I left it out writing precisely because the apps were still a bit clunky and definitely in the 1.0 stage as fyrefly said....

from the update:

I haven’t found one single solution compelling enough that does it *all* for me – I want to mix diagrams and typed text, I want to choose when to convert handwriting to text and I want a true notebook style solution including table of contents, index, search, multiple notebooks etc….This kind of sounds like Evernote doesn’t it? Apparently Evernote will be making a play in this deficiency in a big way, very soon!

RE: iAnnotate, I just wish Papers would add that feature! Then life would just be dandy :)

Firas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.